Frequently Asked Questions
What is the advantage with STAT-UP?
- We don’t sell standard products, but create something new for every client. This makes it possible to design completely customised solutions for the client’s situation and to make the latest scientific methods practically applicable.
- While you have to buy or license software somewhere else, which you pay monthly, you only invest once with us to have the software programmed. Then you will receive the solution from us as an open source product. This has the advantage that it is a completely transparent solution that you can expand at any time. If you have the appropriate experts in the house, you can do this yourself. You can also learn from our work how to do it yourself in the future.
What is your team like?
- The STAT-UP team has a broad overview of statistical, data analysis and modelling methods in many different fields. Therefore, we are able to assess whether one of these methods is suitable for the client.
- Our experts come from a wide variety of specialist areas, which means that they often have very different perspectives on the client’s questions.
- For each project, those members are selected who are very familiar with the client’s field of work. Thus its task can be optimally grasped and worked on.
- All in all, this enables the best individual solution for each client. We do not sell standard products, but create our own solutions for each client.
What’s hot? What is the focus of your business at the moment?
- One of our hottest topics at the moment is Smart Data Labs. The question is here: How can data that is already unused in the company be made usable? How do you generate value from data?
- The biggest obstacle is usually that companies do not know how to handle their large amounts of data. In the Smart Data Labs we show that it is technically feasible to uncover the treasures that are hidden in one’s own data.
What exactly is a Smart Data Lab?
- The Smart Data Lab brings together experts from the various areas of a client’s company. We work with them to develop small, easily solvable questions.
- Since they come from different departments of the company, they all have their own specific data records with them.
- If you as a client do not have your own data analysts, you will receive comprehensive training from us. In particular, we show you how the data is linked and the questions are dealt with.
- The Smart Data Lab takes place in a small space and in a short time, so that the client knows very quickly whether the question can be answered with the available data. We work here according to the motto “fast fails” and “quick wins”: to quickly recognise the limits but also the potential of the data.
So you are in the middle of the Big Data-Hype, too?
- This hype is justified because real treasures are usually hidden in one’s own data. And of course every company wants to reach out for them!
- The biggest obstacle, however, is that companies do not know how to handle their large amounts of data. We show in so-called Smart Data Labs how this is technically feasible.
- If the client does not want an in-house solution, we look at his data for him and analyse the potential.
How do you deal technically and computationally with Big Data?
- We can use various techniques. Among other things, we have our own servers with sufficient memory, but we can also calculate on Microsoft or Amazon clusters.
- If a computer is still too slow, a computer cluster can be used, which is then used in parallel.
What do you offer small companies?
- Our client in the SME sector often need help in selecting the appropriate statistical procedure. Based on a well-founded consultation we give the client the necessary security to choose the individually optimal procedure.
- We implement many solutions directly and implement the user-specific software at the client’s site. This can be an app that the client can use directly without complex installation. Or we host the app as a web application.
- We develop business models for our clients based on their data.
We offer help in financing the projects with the Bavarian digital bonus: If a client books a project with us, they can apply for this bonus and receive up to 50% of the costs (up to €10,000).
Do you have experience with major projects?
- Our employees can look back on extensive experience in managing international projects.
- Depending on the technical requirements, we put together a new team for each project.
- We are very well digitised and thus well positioned to work with a large number of project members.
Are you always up to date with the latest research? How does the transfer of science into practice work?
- We have experienced scientists in our team who take up and further develop new scientific findings for client projects as well as for publication purposes.
- To this end, we are also closely involved in scientific working groups.
I have further questions. Who do I contact?
- You are welcome to call us during regular business hours at the following number +89 (89) 34 077 451. Depending on your request, we can then connect you with the right contact person.
- Or you can write an E-Mail at email@example.com.
- We look forward to hearing from you!